Saturday, August 24, 2019

Dining Out Southeast: Pasquale's Pizza, Boaz, AL

The first slice of pizza I ever remembering eating was when I was probably 8 years old.  At that time, meals were almost always eaten at home, prepared by my mother. Going out to eat was an extreme luxury and was a special treat indeed.  

My older sister went on a date and brought home some leftover pizza for me to try. It was from Pasquale's here in my hometown. Pizza became my all-time favorite food with that first bite. It was a sausage and cheese pizza.  I still remember that first taste of chewy crust, the tangy sauce, the Italian sausage (which was undoubtedly a new flavor to me!), and all the cheese.  Oh my.  That Pasquale's went out of business, but fortunately for me and scores of others, there's another one located about 30 minutes from my home.


Pasquale's in Boaz, Alabama, is one of my favorite happy places.  Excuse the glare on some of the pictures. There was bright sunshine shining through the windows that messed with my pics.





Here's the menu:



Although the menu features pizzas, sandwiches, calzones, spaghetti, ravioli, lasagna, chicken alfredo, and even a buffet complete with salad offerings, I always order that childhood favorite:  Sausage Pizza and Garlic Bread.

This 12-inch pizza is only $7.99!


A "giant" loaf of piping hot garlic bread is $1.29!


Well.....this picture is proof of how much I love this place!


Happy (and very full) Fleur de Lolly and Sweet Harold.  Thank you Pasquale's for a perfect pre-birthday meal.  You continue to make the best pizza and garlic bread ever.




5 comments:

  1. Loved Pasquale's ! There is also one in Gardendale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have GOT to make a trip up the road! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OM goodness. Pasquale's meatball hoagie........I drool for them. They were my favorite. Our's closed down in Jackson and I was devastated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you were! I don't understand why there's not one in every town! lol

      Delete
  4. I agree, Lolly! I have never understood why they closed.

    ReplyDelete