Friday, May 6, 2022

Dining Out Southeast: Sauce, Murfreesboro, TN

We traveled this weekend to Murfreesboro, TN to volunteer as judges in a BBQ competition.  This afternoon we went in search of a spot to have a late lunch.  Sauce won the afternoon.  

When we entered, we were warmly greeted by our server, Madison.  When she learned that this was our first visit, she helpfully answered all our questions and gave suggestions from the menu.

Speaking of the menu, here's the MENULINK.

We knew we had to order garlic bread because when dining in an Italian restaurant, isn't that an unwritten rule?  😁 I realize that at first glance the picture below may be mistaken as a large baked potato.  No, this is a beautiful loaf of garlic bread literally filled to the brim with melted mozzarella.  Oh yes.  The marinara sauce, served warm, was rich and flavorful.


We each enjoyed a Caesar Salad as an add-on to our entree.  This salad was not just a second thought item on the menu. A very generous portion of crisp, fresh Romaine topped with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.  The dressing was served on the side and the serving cups were chilled.  So much attention to detail!


Following Madison's recommendation, Sweet Harold selected the chicken parm for his meal.  The menu description is as follows:  spaghetti, marinara, pan-seared chicken strips, and parmesan cheese.  To say he enjoyed this dish is an understatement.  His words:  "The chicken was well seasoned, the spaghetti was cooked to al dente perfection, and there was a nice ratio of sauce to pasta."  Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me!



Now it's my turn!  I stepped out of my spaghetti and lasagna comfort zone and decided to find a new item to try today.  Pomodoro is penne pasta with marinara sauce, fresh spinach, roasted garlic, mozzarella, and black olives.  First, y'all know how I dislike food served at a tepid or just barely warm temperature.  That was NOT to the problem with our meals today.  Oh my, the dish was piping hot (seriously!), the penne was perfectly cooked, there was just enough marinara, and the flavor was amazing.  I would order this again in a heartbeat.  However, it would be after I tried so many other options on their menu.



Harold order a tiramisu to go to enjoy later in the hotel room.


Another win!  He gave the dessert two thumbs up.  And yes, I'm regretting not ordering the cannoli for a bedtime snack for myself!

Special thanks to Madison for keeping our sweet tea glasses filled, checking on us regularly, and making us want to return very soon!  


4 comments:

  1. Lolly, I stumbled across your blog and I believe you are the same person who used to host "Lolly's What If" on the old NolaForum. I tried to e-mail you on the old yahoo email address I had, but I got a bounce back. I hope all is well.
    BayouBQ & Smoove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello friend! I was thinking about you this past week and wondering how you are and how old those babies would be now. I'd love to catch up with you. Feel free to email me at fleurdelolly@yahoo.com I'm thrilled you touched base here.

      Delete
  2. I like Your Story!

    Try our purest real honey - Al Shifa Acacia, now you will have the best honey for yourself

    Order now - Food distribution company

    ReplyDelete