Sunday, January 8, 2023

Dining Out Southeast: The Farmhouse, Springville, AL



We spent the afternoon yesterday meandering around Oneonta and Springville, AL and visited several antique stores and shops.  Before heading home, we decided to visit The Farmhouse in Springville for a late lunch.  

We've dined here before on a few occasions, but it's been awhile and we decided to try some different menu items.

We started with our old standby:  fried pickles.  The Farmhouse's version is served with a Cajun Remoulade instead of plain old ranch dressing.  The pickles are house cured and had a very nice crunch!


I chose the pulled pork plate which comes with two side dishes.  Now if hand cut fries are fried crisp and crunchy, I'm on board.  I rolled the dice and selected them as one of my sides, but these were fried soft and chewy.  If that's your jam, you'll love them.  I would choose another side next time.


This is a HUGE serving of pulled pork.  I had enough left over to bring home for two more meals.  The pork had a delicate smoked flavor, not overpowering in the least.  If you prefer a pulled pork that you can really taste the smoke in the meat, this may not be the pulled pork for you.  The sauce was applied sparingly, but was tasty.

I selected a side salad with ranch for my second side.  It had mixed greens, two cucumber slices, chopped tomatoes, carrots, cheddar cheese, and something new for me:  grilled red onions.  


Sweet Harold decided to try the two-piece fried catfish filet dinner with two sides.  These were two LARGE pieces of catfish served piping hot with a light, crunchy batter.  He loved his hand cut fries and the slaw with a sweet and tangy dressing.


Obviously, he had enough to bring home for another meal as well.

If you're headed down (or up) I-59, stop at the Springville exit and check out The Farmhouse.  

1 comment: