Thursday, August 22, 2024

Around Lolly's Table: Summer Ivy

 


In late summer in Alabama, it's still hot as blue blazes, but all of a sudden you go outside in the early morning and the air is cooler.  Not COOL, but cooler.  Then, you notice that the dogwood trees have a hint of color to their leaves.  Yes, it's still summer in Alabama, but the oppressive humidity and life sucking heat is slacking ever so slightly.

It's still way too early to think of pumpkins, scarecrows, and Hull brown drip dishes, but it's what I think of as a transitional time.

I always like to bring out the Fiestaware Sage and Ivory.  I think they are the perfect combination for this time of year.

Burlap-like chargers and faux wooden handled flatware are the base of the table settings.


The table runner was purchased in Lancaster, PA from an Amish lady who had beautiful handmade table linens for sale.

The Fiestaware pyramid candleholders are also in sage.


I found these Provincial Green goblets made by Imperial Glass at an antique store several years ago.  I think they're a great match for this table setting.


Now the star of the show!  A lifetime friend, who realizes my obsession and addiction to pottery, gifted me this beautiful vintage (1950's) McCoy Ivy teapot, sugar, and creamer set.  The colors are lovely and I think they match everything on this table perfectly!!




No comments:

Post a Comment