Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Flavor Expressions: Zesty Lemon Pepper Chicken

 


Trying a new product to see if it's worthy of y'all is one of my favorite things to do!  

Today's experiment is a "shake and bake" type product.


I love lemon pepper anything and this product gives you instructions for cooking either in the regular oven or in the air fryer.  I chose the oven method.

I had about 1.5 lbs. of boneless/skinless chicken tenders.  There are two pouches of seasoned coating mix in each box.  I was afraid I wouldn't have enough so I opened both pouches and placed in a pie tin.  The instructions state to mix one egg with 1 T. of water in another shallow dish.


I preheated the oven to 375 degrees F. and sprayed a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil spray.

Here's a good tip to share:  when you're breading a protein after having dipped it in an egg wash, use one hand for the egg wash and one hand for the breading.  That way you don't end up with clumps of the mixture on both hands.  Think of it as having a wet hand and dry hand.

I dipped each piece of chicken in the egg wash, placed it in the coating mix plate, and made sure to cover the chicken completely with the mix.  Then on to the prepared baking sheet it went.  Repeat until you have all the chicken coated.


I baked for 25 minutes, turning the chicken over about halfway through.


The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees F. when fully cooked.

I steamed some broccoli and heated some whole kernel corn with butter for our side dishes.


Our verdict?  We thoroughly enjoyed this product and the chicken was delicious.  A super simple meal that would definitely be easy to prepare for an after work/school weeknight meal.


1 comment: