Wednesday, September 1, 2010

8/31/10 - Angelo's Steak Pit

As much as I absolutely adore oysters, there's nothing like a gorgeous steak cooked over an open hickory pit at Angelo's.  Stepping into Angelo's is a step back in time to my childhood trips to the beach.  We would only get to eat out once or twice on those trips and the annual meal to Angelo's was an extremely rare treat for our family.  Last night it was a little surreal to sit in the fake leather booth and see those 1960 style light fixtures.  But the steak was as good or better than I remembered.  Of course, way back then I'm sure I ate a hamburger, but you know what I mean.

Salads were just a typical iceburg mix with two little cherry tomatoes and a slice of cucumber.  Never occurred to us to photograph those.

I love the menu item noted "Ladies Top Sirloin (8 oz.)"....

Considering I ordered the 13 oz. rib eye and ate every bite but one (which went to Sweet Harold for his tasting approval), I'm not exactly sure what that makes me, but I do know it made me FULL. 

Sweet Harold went with the 16 oz. N.Y. Strip.  He was happy.  Very, very happy.

Service was all right, but points deducted for almost gagging from the cigarette cloud hovering over our waitress when she came back to the table from her smoke break.  Ugh.  3.5 out of 5 forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment