Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Caprese Salad


I had a version of this recipe on the blog last summer, but couldn't resist changing it a little this year.  Instead of the traditional look, I decided to stack it up. So simple, yet beautiful and so fresh tasting. Perfect light supper on these sweltering summer nights we're all enduring right now.

Sliced mozzarella cheese
Sliced ripe tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
olive oil
balsamic or red wine vinegar

Layer cheese, tomatoes, basil. Add salt & pepper and drizzle on some olive oil. Add a splash of vinegar and you're ready to dig in. Simplicity at its finest.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE caprese Salad! Another great idea is take some sourdough bread and make a grilled cheese sandwich out of these. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I think I'm going to attempt a caprese pizza this weekend. Stay tuned. : )

    ReplyDelete