Sunday, September 29, 2013

Apple Muffins


This morning was the perfect time to begin enjoying those beautiful and delicious apples from Crow Mountain Orchard.  How better than to put them into moist apple muffins for a Sunday morning breakfast?

2 cups flour
2 t. baking powder
½ cup sugar
¼ t. freshly ground nutmeg
¼ t. freshly ground cinnamon
½ t. salt
---
1 cup milk
1 egg
¼ cup vegetable oil or butter, melted
---
1 cup sweet-tart medium to large apple, cored, peeled and chopped

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Grease 12-cup muffin tin or use paper liners.  With a wire whisk combine first set of ingredients.

In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add chopped apple and wet ingredients to dry ingredients.  Stir only until moistened.

Spoon into prepared muffin pan.  Bake for 20 minutes or until tested done with tester.

From www.about.com

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a convection oven? A friend suggested I get one when I get ready to replace mine. Suggestions??? Thanks, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do. I have thoroughly enjoyed mine. You will learn to adjust your cooking time by about 25% and/or reduce the heat at which you bake by 25 degrees. The best part for me is that you can cook 3 racks of cookies at one time! I have a Jenn-Air Downdraft which I found on clearance at Sears about 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete