Friday, November 1, 2013

Southwestern Tater Tot Casserole


Tonight was going to be an easy dinner night of hot dogs and tater tots.  Yes, here at Chez Fleur de Lolly we enjoy easy dinner nights of hot dogs and tater tots occasionally.  But then, as always, I thought now what could I do with these tater tots?

And another recipe was born!  After one bite, I didn't even want the hot dog.  I could have eaten several servings of the casserole.  And next time, I believe I will just make the casserole by itself!

1 can cream of potato soup
1 can white shoepeg corn with chipotle peppers, drained
1 small can diced green chilies, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can Rotel tomatoes (I used hot)
1/2 t. granulated garlic
1/2 t. onion powder
1 T. Tone's Chipotle Seasoning
1/2 small package tater tots
1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack/Colby cheese blend
Cilantro

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine first eight ingredients.  Add one half cup of cheese. Spray a 9 x 11 casserole dish with non-stick spray.

Gently pour casserole mixture into baking dish.


Arrange tater tots on top.  Place in oven for 20 minutes.  


Remove from oven and add remaining cheese and return to oven for about 5 minutes.  Let rest for a few minutes before serving.  Top with cilantro or sour cream or chopped green onions or all three!



No comments:

Post a Comment