Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Bennett's BBQ

After a 5 mile hike on a trail in Cade's Cove, we were starving when we returned to Gatlinburg.  We decided it was time for BBQ!  Sweet Harold's favorite BBQ restaurant in Gatlinburg is Bennett's.  

Our server Cindy was great.  Our drinks were delivered promptly.  I started the evening with a margarita on the rocks.


Sweet Harold chose the BBQ pulled pork sandwich with fries and BBQ beans as his side items.  Sauce is served on the side.  I love that because there's nothing worse than a soggy bun when you're eating great pulled pork.  With the sauce served separately you can add as much or little as you prefer.



And because I had hiked 5 miles I made the executive decision that I would order a half rack of ribs.  It's not my usual custom to eat ribs in restaurants. Why?  Because they're messy.  And I want to enjoy them without leaving the restaurant with BBQ sauce all over my face.  But I was tired from the day, we were in a back corner booth and so RIBS it was!


Don't they look great!  Fall off the bone tender, but like ribs are supposed to be, there was a little resistance there.  I hate ribs that when you pick them up the meat slides right off.  These were cooked perfectly.  And I know ribs.  When I say perfect, trust me, these were perfect.

See?


No comments:

Post a Comment