Sunday, January 12, 2014

Baked Citrus Shrimp


I've seen the lemony shrimp recipe on Facebook for months.  I had a pound of Gulf shrimp that were begging me to be used in an appetizer recipe.  I made my own citrus styled shrimp and served them with toasted Asiago cheese bread.  Every one of these shrimp were devoured within minutes.  I'd say that is a ringing endorsement.

1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 stick butter, melted
1 small orange, very thinly sliced
I small lemon, very thinly sliced
1 small lime, very thinly sliced
1/4 t. dried basil
1/4 t. dried oregano
1/4 t. lemon pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil.  Pour melted butter onto baking sheet and using the back of a spoon, distribute butter evenly.  Place sliced citrus on baking sheet and then place shrimp over fruit.


Sprinkle basil, oregano and lemon pepper over shrimp.


Place in oven and bake for 12 - 14 minutes until shrimp are opaque.




Place on serving tray and carefully pour the butter/citrus juice over shrimp and fruit.




No comments:

Post a Comment