Monday, January 6, 2014

Fury's Restaurant

We took a trip to New Orleans to visit our son and his family. A wonderful time had by all and we were fortunate enough to get to sample great food from restaurants we hadn't been to before now. We went with friends to Fury's Restaurant. A very unassuming restaurant but we felt welcomed and like one of the family as soon as we walked inside.

We began with the onion rings. ($7.50)  Look how thinly they're sliced.  That's perfection in my book. I loved the delicate flour breading as well. Seasoned with a little zip to them, these were a great start to the meal.


My tossed salad with homemade blue cheese dressing with crisp, crunchy and the dressing had just the right amount of cheese.


I decided on the (small) fried oyster platter.  ($18.25)  Great decision on my part. Once again, lightly battered and perfectly fried.  


John fried my oysters, btw.  He's my new best friend, too!


Sweet Harold chose the seafood platter.  ($22.75)  Generous serving of fish, oysters, soft shell crab, shrimp and stuffed shrimp.


One of our friends decided on the fried flounder.  ($ market price) Doesn't that look delicious?


The other friend went with the breaded veal steak, mashed potatoes and corn.  ($13.25) I had a taste and this would definitely be something I would order next time.


It was a lovely, relaxing meal. I felt like I was in a grandmother's dining room. And it was so nice for John to come out and talk with us.  


No comments:

Post a Comment