Monday, April 28, 2014

Classic at Buckhorn

We had a lovely, relaxing dinner at Classic at Buckhorn Saturday evening. An offspring of the perfectly charming Classic on Noble, we were thoroughly impressed with the service (Thanks Adam!) and food.

Bread and butter delivered to the table almost immediately.


We started with the fried oysters appetizer.  As y'all know, I KNOW my fried oysters.  These were prepared perfectly.  


A dining companion ordered a serving of the soup of the day....which was lamb stew.  A request for several additional spoons was met promptly and we all had a taste.  Perfectly seasoned with a thick broth and tender chunks of lamb and lots of vegetables.  Oh my, this was awesome.


Dining companion also ordered the grilled salmon salad.  She reported the salmon was cooked to perfection.


Sweet Harold ordered the fried catfish (two whole fish, no fillets here!).  Crunchy and lightly breaded.  Not greasy in the least.  He also enjoyed the side of slaw.


For myself and other dining companion we chose the blackened redfish over cheese grits.  The sauce?  Oh my goodness.  Tomato based with crawfish tails, vegetables and nice slices of andouille sausage.  This was perfection.


Dessert was shared all around.....

Sorry for the blurry picture, but I was in too big of a hurry to dig into my portion of this homemade Butterfinger cake.


I didn't try the coconut cake, but it was the agreement of the other diners that there had to be a grandmother on the premises that baked this delicious cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment