Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Crock Pot Roast Beef and Vegetables


I'm a firm believer in all of you digging that crock pot from under the cabinet and using it!  It's not just for soups and stews during the wintertime.  How great to not heat up your kitchen during the summer months.  I took about 15 extra minutes before leaving for work this morning and walked in the door tonight to a meal completely cooked and ready to serve.  You can't beat that deal all of you working moms and dads. 

2 lb. chuck roast
16 oz. beef broth
1 bay leaf
2 t. chopped garlic
5 - 6 small to medium potatoes
2 onions, peeled and quartered
3 carrots, cut into thirds
16 oz. frozen or canned green beans (I used green beans from the garden that had been preserved in the freezer)
A few grinds of black pepper

I set it to low around 6:30 this morning.  I was putting all these delicious goodness on a serving platter at 6:00 p.m.  If you think you don't have time to put a meal like this on the table because you work all day, give this one a try.

Here's a picture as soon as I lifted the lid of the crock pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment