Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fleur de Lolly has been nominated for a Liebster Award!


I'm very pleased and proud to announce that my blog has been nominated for a Liebster Award that is given by fellow bloggers to acknowledge blogs that are worthy of giving a second (or third!) read and following as a member.  I enjoy the time that it takes to prepare meals, get the recipes in written form and get the perfect (or to me, almost perfect) pictures for the blog posts.  It really is a labor of love for me.  I enjoy sharing my love of food and cooking with all of you.


I was nominated by Lara at Methodical Living.  Check out her blog by following this link.  http://methodicalliving.blogspot.com/p/about-methodical-living.html

She has so much information to help us all declutter and organize our lives!  Thank you Lara!

I'm going to answer the questions that Lara posed to me and then share my own questions with MY nominees!

  1. Why did you decide to start your blog?  I wanted to share my love of cooking and food with others.  I definitely wanted a written record of recipes and pictures to share with my children and grandchildren. 
  2. Who is the most influential person in your life?  My grandmother who taught me the lessons of hard work and perseverance.
  3. What is your favorite dessert?  Chocolate Cream Pie
  4. If you could own any animal, what would it be?  A Beagle or a German Shepherd.
  5. I'd like to believe that there are two types of people in the world Beatles fans and Elvis fans. Which one are you? I'm an Eagles fan, through and through.
  6. What is your proudest moment?  The births of my children.
  7. If you could have dinner with any celebrity, politician, or other influential person (alive or dead) who would you choose?  Napoleon.
  8. What is your absolute favorite book? Any cookbook I own.
  9. If you could live anywhere on Earth, where would you settle down?  Montana.
  10. What have you learned since starting your blog? That even though you don't think people are reading because they don't post comments, they are.  I'm not actually talking to myself.  :) 

Here are the blogs I'm nominating:

Susan from http://susansaulsart.blogspot.com/ sharing art and thoughts on life
Yvonne from http://veggiesuccess.com/ sharing vegetarian knowledge
Fernanda from http://cookandmove.com/ a bilingual blog sharing healthy recipes. Emily from http://www.vivreblog.com/about/ a lifestyle blog

Nominees, here are your questions:
  1. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
  2. What is the most challenging aspect of writing your blog?
  3. Favorite comfort food?
  4. How many other blogs do you follow on a regular basis?
  5. How many cities have you lived in during your adult life?
  6. How many blog posts do you average per month?
  7. How many blog followers do you hope to have this time next year?
  8. What is your favorite movie?
  9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
  10. Who has been the biggest supporter of your blog?

1 comment:

  1. I love your answers to my questions! And I love the questions that you asked to your nominees. I'm glad that we (as a blogging community) are able to reach out and help other bloggers!

    -Lara @ Methodical Living
    http://methodicalliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete