Sunday, November 23, 2014

Mama Sue's Goulash

 
I'm very proud to say that I had an excellent relationship with my mother in law. Her name was Sue and she was a mother to me in all ways.  She encouraged me, loved me and accepted me into her family without hesitation. She was my friend. She will always be Mama Sue to me. She passed from this earth in February 2013 and I miss her every day. This is one of her recipes written as she gave it to me. Sweet Harold loves this one. What a great comfort food to enjoy on a cold, rainy day.
 
1 lb. ground chuck
6 oz. tomato paste
6 oz. water
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 t. chopped garlic
1 t. sugar
salt and pepper to taste
A few dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
8 oz. macaroni noodles, cooked and drained

Brown ground chuck with onions, peppers and garlic. Drain any fat from the meat. Stir in tomato paste and water. Add sugar, salt and pepper and Worcestershire Sauce. Add a little more water if needed.

Gently stir in macaroni noodles. Simmer until desired consistency. Top with shredded cheddar if desired.




1 comment:

  1. I am making this right now, using ground Turkey and gluten free noodles. It sure smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete