Monday, November 17, 2014

Salsa de Carne Estofado Burritos ~~ Salsa Braised Beef Burritos

Disclaimer:  I don't speak Spanish.  I don't write Spanish.  I shamelessly use the English/Spanish Translator via Google.  Please correct me if needed for my title.  Thank you.  


This past Sunday was a cold, dark, dreary day. I stayed in and read, worked on the blog, worked on FB posts and decided it was a perfect opportunity to slow cook (braise) some stew meat in salsa for burritos.

You can use any thick and chunky salsa. I used some of fruits of my summer labor and opened a quart jar of my salsa. Click on the link for the recipe.

2 lbs. stew meat cut into bite sized pieces
Ground Cumin
Chili Powder
Salt
1 T. oil
32 oz. thick and chunky salsa
Tortillas
Your favorite burrito garnishes

Toss the beef cubes with enough cumin and chili powder to thoroughly coat. Sprinkle with salt.


Heat oil over medium high heat in a shallow, wide skillet or braising dish. Add beef cubes and cook until well browned.


Add salsa and lower heat to a simmer.  *** At this point you could place in a crock pot on low for a few hours.


Cover and let meat braise for at least at hour and up to 3 hours if you have time to let it simmer. Stir it occasionally to keep from sticking.


And here we are ready to roll up in a tortilla.


Use to fill taco shells, tortillas and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onions and/or jalapenos, cilantro...you could even add beans to the mixture and let them heat through right before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment