Sunday, December 28, 2014

Dining Out: New Orleans. Frank's Restaurant

This afternoon we had a lovely lunch in the French Quarter at Frank's Italian Restaurant.  The downstairs is noisy, crowded and fun.  There is upstairs dining available and also tables on a balcony overlooking Decatur Street.  Located near the French Market, we've walked past this restaurant literally dozens of times.  But today was our first visit.  It won't be our last.

We started by sharing a bowl of seafood gumbo.  Very dark, spicy gumbo loaded with shrimp, oysters and crab meat and added bonus with the addition of a very large crab claw.  Freshly sliced French bread was also served alongside.  Cup $6.95 - Bowl $9.95


I chose (with the server's advice) the Shrimp Gagliano.  My dish had 8 jumbo shrimp served over angel hair pasta with Gagliano Sauce.  The sauce is butter, wine, shrimp stock, green onions, garlic and Creole spices.  $22.95   I could barely eat half of this serving.  I look forward to my leftovers.


Harold chose the Snapper Jack Gagliano.  A large piece of grilled red snapper topped with jumbo shrimp, lump crab meat and crawfish with the same sauce as described above.  $29.95


Lovely presentation of the food along with friendly and prompt service made this a very enjoyable dining experience.  I cannot wait to attempt my version at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment