Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Crunchy Quick Cooked Cabbage


This is definitely not your boiled for hours cabbage...and it certainly isn't a mayo based cole slaw.  Lightly sauteed with a little olive oil, simply seasoned and stir fried for only minutes, it was absolutely the best side dish I could have chosen to go with the pub-styled fish and chips.

Adjust the amounts to how many you're serving....I'll tell you what I did and you can choose to add to or take away.

I removed the outer leaves of a small head of cabbage and also removed the core.
 
Cut into wedges and then THINLY slice the wedges.  I had about 6 cups of thinly shredded cabbage.

In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 T. olive oil.  When the oil is shimmering, add cabbage and quickly stir for 2 - 3 minutes until the cabbage JUST begins to soften.  Remove from heat and lightly salt and pepper.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment