Saturday, April 18, 2015

Cast Iron Griddle Hash Browns


This morning I was in the mood for hash browns.  Who am I kidding?  I am always in the mood for hash browns.  No non-stick skillet today.  I brought out my cherished Lodge cast iron griddle.  The cast iron will help the potatoes develop a lovely "crunchy" exterior.

3 medium potatoes, peeled and grated on the large hole on a box grater
1 - 2 T. corn oil
salt/pepper to taste

Using a large cast iron skillet or griddle, add oil and heat over high heat until the oil shimmers.

Divide the potatoes into serving size portions and place on the griddle (or in the skillet).  Lower heat to medium high and let potatoes cook until the bottom is browned and crunchy.  Carefully turn the hash browns over and cook until the other side is browned and crunchy.  

Remove from griddle and drain on a paper towel lined plate.  Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment