Thursday, June 25, 2015

Baked Zucchini Chips with Parmesan


So I decided I'd jump on the Facebook bandwagon version of the zucchini chips that's floating around right now.  Granted, when I saw the picture, I thought those look like they have been kettle fried, not baked!  But because I love all of you, I decided to take one for the team.  

I offer up the FIRST ZUCCHINI from my garden for this experiment.  These were good, they were slightly chewy, and they were seasoned with Italian seasoning instead of paprika.  They were not, however, a version of a Lay's Wavy Potato Chip.  Do not make these with the expectation that you will have a nice stack of Zucchini Flavored Potato Chips.  You won't.  Maybe next time I'll cook them for 2 hours and then put them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up.

1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and thinly sliced  (I used the food processor)
Olive oil or corn oil
Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Dried Italian Seasoning
Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 225 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Place the zucchini slices on the parchment paper and lightly brush with the oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.


Bake for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.  Remove from oven and sprinkle on Parmesan Cheese. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment