Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pork Sausage Patties (with some extras!)



Harold found this recipe in a new recipe book I received this week Taste of Home Brunch Favorites. When I saw that is was simply titled "Pork Sausage Patties," I thought why would you need a recipe for sausage patties? You just slice and fry them, right? Then I read through the recipe and realized that this one has some extras added in before forming into patties and heading to the cast iron skillet. These were different, that's for sure. I'd like for you to try them and give me some feedback on how YOU liked them.

1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 T. all purpose flour
1/8 t. salt
dash of pepper
1/8 t. ground sage
1/8 t. granulated garlic
1 pound pork sausage

In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape the mixture into eight patties.

In a large cast iron skillet, cook patties over medium heat 6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink, turning occasionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment