Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Steak Fajita Stew with Tortilla Dumplings


If you made the Steak and Vegetables Fajitas which I posted over the weekend and, if you have leftovers, here's a wonderful and easy Round Two meal.

With the fajitas I served black beans and yellow rice. There was about 3 cups of steak and vegetables remaining, so I chopped up the steak into bite sized pieces and start making the stew! Your well stocked pantry hopefully will have some whole tomatoes, beef stock, canned corn and Rotel tomatoes.....

Here's the list of my ingredients (including the amount of leftovers which I added):

32 oz. whole tomatoes (I used a quart of those I canned this summer)
32 oz. beef stock
1 can original Rotel tomatoes
3 T. tomato paste
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
2 cups black beans
2 - 3 cups of steak and vegetables left over from fajitas
1 cup yellow rice (cooked)
3 tortillas cut into thin strips

In a large Dutch oven, add all ingredients except for tortillas. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.  Stirring occasionally, let tomatoes break down and allow stew to thicken, about 20 minutes or so. 

Slowly drop strips of tortillas into stew and let them cook 5 minutes or so until they are cooked through.  Serve immediately.




I

No comments:

Post a Comment