Fleur de Lis

Fleur de Lis

Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Celery Experiment

Thanksgiving afternoon when I began the chopping of veggies for the cornbread dressing. I remembered seeing an article on line about saving the base of a stalk of celery and placing it in water to sprout.

I thought I would give it a try. I sliced through the entire stalk and placed the base in a bowl about an inch larger than the celery. Then I added water about an inch up the stalk. I've been changing the water in the bowl every day. Today, I noticed it's beginning to sprout. Here's the result so far!




I'll post some more pictures to show the rate of growth. 

Here we are a week later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment