Thursday, January 21, 2016

Lolly's Breakfast Potatoes


I'm not a big breakfast eater. I never have been. But on mornings when I have time to actually cook a leisurely breakfast, I promise you I could inhale an entire iron skillet of these breakfast potatoes. A well seasoned cast iron skillet is essential to developing the perfect browned crunch for these little bites.

3 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Salt
Pepper
Finely chopped parsley

Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over high heat until it begins to shimmer. Carefully add potatoes to the skillet and lower heat to medium high. Let the potatoes begin to brown and loosen from the bottom of the skillet before attempting to turn them.

Continue frying potatoes until they reach a golden brown color on all sides. Remove from heat, add salt, pepper and parsley. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment