Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sweet and Savory Cracker Bites


Another Pioneer Woman recipe. These little bites have been an cocktail party staple for years according to her cookbook. I had never heard of them nor tried them. As always, I tend to prefer the savory over the sweet. Next time I wouldn't put as much sugar in the sweet bites, but that's just me.  :)  I used Gruyere instead of Parmesan (just because I had it on hand). 

36 club style crackers
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 pound bacon (not thick sliced)

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.

Lay the crackers on a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.

Place a tablespoon of cheese on half of the crackers.

Add a tablespoon of brown sugar on the other half.

Slice the bacon in half.

Wrap each cracker with a half piece of bacon tucking the end of the piece underneath the cracker.

Bake the crackers for 2 hours. The bacon will cook slowly and start to wrap tightly around the cracker and the excess grease will drip off.

Serve them on a platter...you can keep them separate or pile them all up together!


No comments:

Post a Comment