Fleur de Lis

Fleur de Lis

Follow by Email

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sweet and Savory Cracker Bites


Another Pioneer Woman recipe. These little bites have been an cocktail party staple for years according to her cookbook. I had never heard of them nor tried them. As always, I tend to prefer the savory over the sweet. Next time I wouldn't put as much sugar in the sweet bites, but that's just me.  :)  I used Gruyere instead of Parmesan (just because I had it on hand). 

36 club style crackers
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 pound bacon (not thick sliced)

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.

Lay the crackers on a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.

Place a tablespoon of cheese on half of the crackers.

Add a tablespoon of brown sugar on the other half.

Slice the bacon in half.

Wrap each cracker with a half piece of bacon tucking the end of the piece underneath the cracker.

Bake the crackers for 2 hours. The bacon will cook slowly and start to wrap tightly around the cracker and the excess grease will drip off.

Serve them on a platter...you can keep them separate or pile them all up together!


No comments:

Post a Comment