Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Dining Out Gulf Coast - The Shrimp Boat, Panama City, FL

Last weekend, my daughter and I took an impromptu trip to the Gulf Coast. We chose The Shrimp Boat in history St. Andrews near Panama City, Florida for dinner. http://www.theshrimpboatrestaurant.com/

We were promptly seated in a quiet section overlooking the marina. Our server, Justin, was knowledgeable of the menu and offered helpful suggestions.

I chose a Scarlet Martini ($9.00), vodka, muddled strawberries, mint and a twist of lemon. Served iced cold, it was very refreshing.


My daughter had a Strawberry Daiquiri. ($5.00) She was pleased that instead of an adult icy-type version, this one was smooth and creamy.


Freshly baked rolls and butter were promptly delivered to the table. They were nicely coated in a mild garlic butter. The salad dressings are made in-house. My daughter chose the orange vinaigrette and I decided the red wine/blue cheese was perfect for me. Yes, I forgot to take pictures of the gorgeous salads!

Now on the main event!!!

The presentation of all of the food was beautiful. The few extra minutes taken by the kitchen to arrange the food carefully is appreciated!

My daughter loves stuffed shrimp. Justin advised that this menu item was one of his favorites. Now, it's one of hers as well!  Butterflied shrimp, with seafood stuffing and a she-crab sauce ($23.00) ....seriously, doesn't that SOUND amazing?? And the baked potato? None of those half-cooked, cold potatoes here. This one was served perfectly cooked and piping hot.


Oh and did I choose wisely! Grouper Panama! ($31.00) A lightly breaded grouper fillet, topped with crab meat and covered with a Bearnaise sauce. I was shocked at the size of the fillet. The seasoning was spot on, the crab meat was plentiful, and the Bearnaise was the perfect consistency. I savored every bite.



I'm hungry again just looking at the photos.

And even though we were stuffed, we ordered dessert to share. Key Lime Pie ($7.95) Again, the presentation is gorgeous and the filling was creamy with the tartness of the lime which you would expect.


When you're visiting the Panama City Beach area, venture off Front Beach Road.....you'll be pleasantly surprised by the area restaurants which are only a few minutes drive away.


1 comment:

  1. You are making me starve..... Everything looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete