Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Mesquite Grilled Pork Tenderloin Tacos with Pico de Gallo



For tonight's Taco Tuesday, I decided to grilled a Smithfield Mesquite Pork Tenderloin. In my opinion, this is one of the best values in your grocery store.

I also made a nice bowl of pico de gallo to top the pork. It was excellent.  Let's make the pico de gallo first.
Isn't that beautiful?

1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 - 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
2 cloves, garlic diced
1 cup diced grape tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
Juice of one lime
1/3 cup (packed) cilantro, chopped
 Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.


Now let's grill the tenderloin.

1 lb. package of Smithfield Mesquite Pork Tenderloin

Well, that's it for the ingredient list!

Get the grill nice and hot and place the tenderloin directly on the grates. I kept the temperature as close to 375 - 400 degrees as possible. After 15 minutes, I turned it over to cook the other side. After 30 minutes, the internal temperature was 160 degrees. I removed it from the grill, placed on a plate, loosely covered with foil and let it rest while I heated the tortillas on the grill.


Turn the grill to low and place tortillas directly on the grates. Let the tortillas heat until they begin to puff up and then turn to brown/heat the other side. Place on a serving plate and get ready to dig in!


Thinly slice the pork tenderloin and serve on the warmed tortillas. For this meal, I served with sour cream, shredded cheese and pico de gallo.



No comments:

Post a Comment