Thursday, July 14, 2016

Bastille Day 2016 Table Setting


It's Bastille Day which commemorates the storming of the Bastille, a French Prison in 1789. The event happened two days after the start of the French Revolution. Bastille Day is the French equivalent of the 4th of July.

For this year's celebration at Chez Lolly, I chose several of my favorite French themed pieces and decided that Royal Blue would be the main color for my table.


I have had these plates for years and, for the life of me, I can't remember where I purchased them! I do know they make me smile every time I look at them.


This lovely pitcher, made in France, was purchased at a yard sale in Kentucky several years ago, along with a smaller version.


I think this is a lovely place setting.



Happy Bastille Day!  Vive la France!

No comments:

Post a Comment