Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Dining Out Southeast - Bell Buckle Cafe, Bell Buckle, TN


Last Saturday, Sweet Harold and I decided it was time for a road trip. We've visited Bell Buckle, TN several times in the past and knew we were due for another trip. Bell Buckle was founded in 1852. It's about a 3 hour drive from our home and we enjoyed (as always) the nice drive through the rolling hills and farmland of Southern Tennessee. 

Here's a few pictures of the "downtown" area of Bell Buckle.



Each year on the third Saturday in June, a Moon Pie and RC Cola Festival is held. Just about every shop or store you enter, will have Moon Pies and RC colas available. This is a wonderful area to spend the day, shopping, browsing, and enjoying a delicious meal at the Bell Buckle Cafe.


We thought by waiting until after 1 p.m. for lunch, we would beat the lunch crowd. We were mistaken! After a half hour wait, we were seated and began to explore the menu. And when I say "explore the menu", I mean exactly that. A very extensive menu of some of the best food the South has to offer. 


Then I noticed the "Daily Specials" list. We both chose from those offerings. A meat and three vegetables $10.99. These lunches were worth every penny.

Sweet Harold chose:  Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Navy Beans with Ham, Macaroni and Cheese and Cornbread which was served as a hoe cake. He didn't want to share, but I made him.  Isn't that a carb lovers dream, right there?


I chose Baked Chicken Breast with Cornbread Dressing, Pickled Beets (YUM!), Green Beans, Cornbread, and Creamed Corn.  I didn't want to share, but Sweet Harold made me.  lol


Each item on both plates were cooked exactly as I would at home. If you are craving true Southern Cuisine, this is the perfect spot to enjoy a lunch or dinner.

And because we cleaned our plates (!), we rewarded ourselves with dessert.

Sweet Harold chose the Fudge Pie. The bite I swiped was very chocolatey, warm and gooey. The ice cream was an added bonus.


When in Bell Buckle, you better enjoy a Moon Pie. Our served asked if I wanted a chocolate Moon Pie, but the banana flavor is my all time favorite. It was warm, and oozing banana goodness. When asked if I wanted chocolate or caramel sauce, and I hesitated to ponder that decision, our server quickly told me he would add both! A perfect ending to our meal!


2 comments:

  1. everything looks delicious. wish it wasn't so far from home so we could make a trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe one day you can take an extended road trip! Everything was really delicious.

    Lolly

    ReplyDelete