Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Mashed Cauliflower with Manzanilla Olives


If you're looking for an alternative (read: low carb) to potatoes, have you tried mashed cauliflower? This side dish pairs well with the Spanish Pot Roast in that includes pimento stuffed green olives. Yes, you read that correctly!

I'll go on record as being a non-fan of cauliflower. But this recipe changed all that. I could have eaten the entire batch myself. It was that good!

1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup chopped Manzanilla olives (pimento stuffed green olives)
2 T. unsalted butter
salt and white pepper to taste
chopped fresh chives (optional)

Steam cauliflower and garlic in a steamer basket set in a pot of boiling water until softened, 8 - 10 minutes.

Purée cauliflower mixture in a food processor, scraping down sides as needed; transfer to a bowl.

Stir olives and butter into purée.  Season purée  with salt and pepper and garnish with chives.


From Celebrate the Seasons

3 comments:

  1. this sounds perfect to me. my hubby won't eat cauliflower or olives. I love both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a cauliflower fan either until I tried this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cauliflower and olives, will try this...with the pot roast. Finishing up the tomato tart for lunch today!

    K. Diaz

    ReplyDelete