Monday, August 8, 2016

Summer Olympics 2016 Table Setting


As I've written before, when I plan a theme meal, the first step for me is the table setting. I normally have the table setting completely finished before I cook one bite of food, sometimes before I even begin grocery shopping!

With this year's Olympics being held in Brazil, I had several options: 1) give a shout out to the USA and go strictly red, white, and blue; 2) use the colors of the Olympic Rings; or 3) incorporate the colors of the Brazilian flag, green, yellow, and blue.  Fiestaware, as always, provided those colors.

So with gold chargers, gold napkin rings, and gold S and P shakers, everything else fell into place.


 A simple flower arrangement was the perfect centerpiece.


And here is the Olympic menu filled to the brim with Brazilian goodies!


No comments:

Post a Comment