Sunday, November 6, 2016

Baked Bourbon Salmon Fillet with Roasted Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts


This week's fish / seafood "on sale at Publix" selection is Bourbon Salmon Fillets. I purchased two fillets which were just shy of a pound. I had planned on roasted broccoli florets and quartered Brussels Sprouts, so I decided baking the salmon while the veggies were in the oven was the way to go.

There's no recipe here because the salmon was already deliciously marinading in a bourbon / soy mixture. I preheated the oven to 425 degrees, lightly sprayed a Pyrex baking dish with non-stick spray and placed the salmon into the baking dish. I placed the fillets into the oven for about 20 minutes. I removed from the oven, checked the thickest fillet with a fork, and it easily flaked. Done!

To prepare the vegetables for roasting, I separated the broccoli into bite-sized florets, trimmed the ends from the Brussels Sprouts and removed the outer leaves. Then I quartered them. I placed both the broccoli and Brussels Sprouts in a medium sized mixing bowl and drizzled with about 2 T. olive oil. I had a tin of bacon flavored salt which I use for rimming Bloody Mary glasses. I sprinkled about 2 t. of the bacon flavored salt over the vegetables and used my hands to toss to coat them with the olive oil and salt. You could also use Kosher salt and pepper, lemon pepper, Cajun seasoning, etc.

I spread the vegetables out on a baking sheet in a single layer and roasted them at the same time the salmon baked, turning them with a metal spatula half-way through the baking time.

A delicious, easy, healthy meal ready in 30 minutes!


No comments:

Post a Comment