Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Lolly's Brunswick Stew


I love to tweak recipes. I didn't think I could improve on a tried and true family favorite like my Brunswick Stew recipe, but I did!

1 quart whole tomatoes with juice
1 quart diced tomatoes with juice
1 T. Olive oil
1 T. butter
2 medium onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
24 oz. of your favorite BBQ Sauce (mustard or vinegar based is what I recommend)
1 pound chopped smoked pork
1 pound shredded smoked chicken
16 oz. lima beans
16 oz. corn kernels
3 cups peeled, diced potatoes
1 t. apple cider vinegar
2 T. yellow mustard
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 bay leaf

Place tomatoes in a large Dutch oven. Heat over medium-high heat, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. In a separate skillet, melt olive oil with butter and saute onions and garlic until softened.

Add them to the tomatoes and add remaining ingredients. Cook for 30 - 45 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently until potatoes are tender. Adjust seasonings. Remove bay leaf.

Serve with cornbread.


No comments:

Post a Comment