Thursday, May 25, 2017

Dining Out Gulf Coast: 40th Street Pizza & Seafood, Mexico Beach, FL


One of the easiest meals to have while you're at the beach is pizza. You don't have to clean up from the beach, you don't have to drive to get your food, a phone call, and lunch (or dinner) is delivered right to you to enjoy either while sitting on the beach or on a balcony enjoying the sand and surf.

After a morning of collecting shells, we made a phone call to 40th Street Pizza. Instead of waiting for delivery, we drove the short distance to the restaurant. They have a wide variety of pizzas to choose from and we decided a Margherita Pizza sounded delicious. This was a medium ($14.95). The crust was thin and chewy, the sauce was thick and tomatoey.  Notice how much garlic is on this pizza! We didn't have to worry about vampires! Very good pizza.


Just for the fun of it, we decided to try one of their seafood offerings. Of course, regular readers of the blog know that Sweet Harold would choose grouper in some form. Do you see the size of this piece of fish? Perfectly cooked, dressed with tartar sauce, lettuce, onion, and tomato. We shared, but I'll be honest, I should have arm wrestled him for the whole sandwich!

Check them out on Facebook and look at their great menu.


2 comments:

  1. I MEAN HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HAVE YOU COME IN AND DO REVIEWS AND HAVE THEM POSTED ON FACEBOOK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get paid for reviews. I decide where I'm going to eat and then, if I choose to, I take pics and compose a blog post. Restaurants have no idea I'm coming, or who I am. If I enjoy my meal, I share my thoughts with others. No compensation from restaurants. Ever.

    ReplyDelete