Saturday, August 26, 2017

Dining Out New Orleans: Cafe Pontalba


One of my all time favorite places to "people watch" is at a table in the historic Cafe Pontabla right on Jackson Square with a direct view to the artists, musicians, and what have you going on right outside their doors.

When you're walking around the French Quarter in August with high temperatures and even higher humidity numbers, you need a refreshing drink.

And here was my choice.  The Cajun Cooler: a blend of vodka, orange juice, pineapple juice, topped with a splash of Midori Melon Liqueur .  VERY tasty!


Since I had oysters earlier in the day, I wanted some shrimp to nibble on while enjoying my drink.  Cajun seasoned fried oysters were the perfect nibble.  


And Harold decided he'd enjoy some shrimp as well, but he went with the po'boy version complete with the dressings of lettuce, tomato, and pickles.


I'm sure locals would call me out for recommending what to them is a "tourist trap." Well, I'm a tourist, and if a trap includes a lovely setting, cold beverages, a nice sampling of Louisiana fare ALL while enjoying one of the best people watching spots in the City, well......I recommend it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment