Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Fuji Apple Coleslaw with Creamy Red Apple Balsamic Dressing


When I fry catfish, coleslaw is a MUST to serve as a side dish. I love experimenting with different versions and dressings. I spied a few Fuji apples in the fruit bowl. I knew that would add a great crunch. Now, for the dressing. What better to pair with Fuji apples than Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar? I served the slaw in a smaller version of the main dish glass "fish" plate.  I love how it looked paired with the larger plate.

You can either use prepackaged slaw mix or shred your own cabbage. You'll need about 4 cups.

4 cups raw cabbage (shredded or diced)
1/2 cup carrots (shredded or diced)
2 Fuji apples, cored and diced

Toss these ingredients together in a large bowl.

In a smaller bowl, whisk together the following:

1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Duke's)
2 T. Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 t. salt (more or less)
1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper

Pour dressing over the slaw mixture and stir to thoroughly combine.

Refrigerate until time to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment