Monday, July 23, 2018

Around Lolly's Table: At the Beach with the Kids!


I've been planning this table in my mind for days. After work this afternoon, I finally got to play! My thought for this table was bright, colorful and fun! Such a great mixture of this and that and pieces I've had for years that were bought separately, but really come together to make you feel like you're almost at the beach.

Blue and white cloth (almost blanket-like) tablecloth with burlap covered chargers are the base for the table. Bright red cloth napkins held securely by wooden napkin rings with sea shells affixed with the handy dandy glue gun.

I didn't want to cover up the colorful flip-flop plates with the coordinating salad plates, so I decided this would be a table with dessert plates and ice cream boats. But more on those in a few.


I can't decide which I like better, the dinner plates or the dessert plates.



The glasses are heavy plastic with a beautiful school of fish swimming around the outside!



At least 20 years ago, I bought this set of fun table accessories from Avon. The lighthouse is actually a condiment holder with small spoons.


The colorful sailboat is actually a holder with sailors as the salt and pepper shakers with a spot for napkin "sails."



And what's a kids' table without planning for some ice cream for dessert? And how better to serve that ice cream than in ice cream boats with oars for spoons?



I hope you enjoyed this table. I love it!

1 comment: