Monday, September 17, 2018

Weekend Steak and Eggs: Grilled Strip Steaks with Over Easy Eggs


It's been quite a while since I've taken the time to have an enjoyable Sunday morning breakfast.  This past weekend I decided it was time to slow down the hectic pace a little bit. No, there are no potatoes, biscuits, toast, or grits on this plate.  It's protein time!

I started with two close to a pound each strip steaks. I lightly seasoned with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and granulated garlic.

I revved up the gas grill to sear! and placed these room temperature steaks onto the grill. I missed the perfect grill marks on these two, but it was early! I cooked both of these to medium.


While the steaks rested......


.....I fried the eggs over easy in bacon drippings.  You do keep a jar of bacon drippings in the refrigerator for just such an occasion, right?

And here we go!


And that first cut with the fork...


And no, there was NO lunch on Sunday.  lol

1 comment:

  1. that looks delicious. a runny egg is one of our favorite things to put on food lately.

    ReplyDelete