Thursday, July 11, 2019

Sheet Pan Supper: Farmer's Market Pork and Vegetables


The McCormick Seasoning Company has debuted a new line of sheet pan seasoning packets.  One of the best things about them is you choose which vegetables you'd like.  Suggestions are given on the packet such as bell peppers, zucchini, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, etc.  Even though this particular item is labeled as for "chicken," pork or salmon were suggested as substitutions.  

The seasoning includes garlic, onion, paprika, parsley, oregano, etc.  It was an excellent blend of herbs and spices.


This is an excellent weeknight meal plan. I know I really stress the importance of weeknight meals.  While the oven was preheating, I chopped my choice of vegetables and when the preheating timer did its ding, I was ready to place the sheet pan in the oven. Thirty minutes later dinner is ready. Seriously, how easy is that?

1 pkg. McCormick seasoning 
3 T. vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken or pork
4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, cut into 1-inch chunks 
(I used yellow squash, broccoli florets, and asparagus)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Mix seasoning mix and oil in a large bowl.  

Add chicken (or pork) and vegetables and toss to coat.  Place in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet that's been sprayed with non-stick spray.

Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken (or pork) is cooked through.


1 comment:

  1. I hear my friends talk about not using their oven's in the summertime. I always use mine. I love to roast and cook things in there. Set the timer and walk off.

    This looks delicious. Thanks for the info on the product.

    ReplyDelete