Friday, November 20, 2020

Around Lolly's Sideboard: Thanksgiving 2020

 

Instead of having a blog post with "Around Lolly's Table," with pictures of my table settings, I've decided to also have some blog posts with "Around Lolly's Sideboard" to show some ideas I'll have with seasonal decorating of the sideboard in my kitchen!

Here are some photos of the Thanksgiving 2020 version. As you can see from the picture above, I'm bringing all the colors of fall indoors!

I had such fun mixing old and new.  The sideboard is next to the "children's table" in the kitchen, so a little whimsy is in order.

I love this antique McCoy 0wl cookie jar nestled in and around ceramic pumpkins and squash purchased at Old Tyme Pottery.



These two small pitchers were purchased at Alewine Pottery in Gatlinburg, TN.


I treasure this pitcher made by the very talented late Jerry Brown of Hamilton, AL.


The bright orange pumpkin plates (purchased at Hobby Lobby) pair perfectly with the striped Fiestaware glasses. The cute boy and girl pilgrims are adorable!


It's always good to be reminded to be thankful for all we have.



The next shelf features these cute turkey plates (Better Homes and Gardens and purchased at Wal-Mart years ago) and Amber Kings Court glasses.  Miniature pilgrims are the finishing touch.


Keeping watch over all the doings in the kitchen is our old friend the scarecrow sitting on his bale of hay with an assortment of pumpkins to keep him company.


Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment: