Saturday, November 28, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

I hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends as best we can be together during this pandemic.  Here are some pictures of our mealtime, and I'll be posting some individual recipes of a few of the new items we enjoyed this year.  If you would like any recipe for any of the pictures I don't post, send me a message!

As always, my "main dish" of any Thanksgiving meal is Chicken and Dressing!

This year we again cooked the turkey with the "spatchcock" method.  This beautiful 14 lb. turkey was roasted and ready to eat in 2 hours!



Sweet Harold requested field peas, baked mac and cheese, and green bean casserole.  What Sweet Harold requests, he gets!




I was hungry for coleslaw, my daughter prepared a delicious squash casserole, and my 90-year-old mama made a large bowl of potato salad!



I baked a fresh apple cake and fulfilled the granddaughters' request with a chocolate cake with a peanut butter frosting.



My daughter made a sweet potato casserole and pumpkin brownies.  My son-in-law made a decadent pecan caramel cheesecake!




And because EVERYONE loves Sweet Harold's peanut butter balls, he fixed us a huge batch!




No comments:

Post a Comment