Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Around Lolly's Sideboard: Winter Woods

 

Another blog post in the series, "Around Lolly's Sideboard."  I know many people have their homes totally decorated for Christmas. As always, I tend to take my time getting in the mood for that so soon after Thanksgiving. 

I decided to ease into the holidays by calling this sideboard setting "Winter Woods."  The off-white dinner and salad plates and mugs have a slightly raised pine cone motif. For a pop of color, a bright red Fiestaware pitcher is perfect.



I chose two different colors for the glassware.  The brown crystal I had on my bridal registry many, many years ago!  The green goblets were an antique store find.



These two cute deer were purchased at Sears long before they went out of business. The snow-tipped greenery with small red berries is a hint that Christmas is coming! 


I love these small antlers with bells attached for a little holiday cheer!




And to really help me get in the holiday spirit how better than to spend some time going through Southern Living Christmas books filled with recipes, and decorating and craft ideas?




Whether you are already finished with your Christmas decorating or, like me, you're just starting, take time to enjoy the fruit of your labor!



1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful. Will be nice to look at for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete