Friday, October 29, 2021

Around Lolly's Table: Halloween 2021

 


Recently, while browsing in a local variety store that houses many antique booths, my gaze fell upon these unique orange plates.  Upon closer examination, I realized there were chargers, plates, and salad plates in the set.  I decided to sleep on it before purchasing and returned to the store in the next few days to see if they were still available for purchase.  They were and I snapped them up!  I already had in mind exactly how I would use them for my Halloween table this year.


When I returned home with my latest table setting acquisition, I did a little research.  These are vintage glass plates made by Arc France.  I've since learned there are also bowls to complete the set.  I'll be on the lookout for those!

The glasses are Artland water goblets which were given to me by a friend of a friend.  Perfect match for these plates!

I wanted the orange to really pop, so I chose a black tablecloth, black napkins, and silver napkin rings.  A table runner with dancing skeletons adds a little whimsy.  


Antique silver candelabras with deep purple candles complete the table.


Happy Halloween!

2 comments: