Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Instant Pot: Beef Stew

 


I've been craving beef stew for a week.  Never mind it's 98 degrees in the shade.  When I want beef stew, I want beef stew!  Instead of heating up the kitchen for hours as stew beef simmers and flavors develop, I turned to the trusty Instant Pot!

A few minutes to brown the chunks of beef and I was on my way to building some serious layers of flavor.  While the beef browned with some garlic, I got busy chopping onions, carrots, and potatoes. I used a packet of McCormick's Hearty Beef Stew seasoning along with a teaspoon of beef bouillon to up the beefy goodness.  


I followed the package directions with a few slight changes.  Here's my recipe.

1 pkg. McCormick Seasoning Mix
2 lbs. beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 t. minced garlic
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
1 - 2 cups beef bouillon (depending on how much broth you'd like)
Garnish:  minced fresh parsley

Mix seasoning mix and water in bowl until well blended; set aside.

Heat 1 T. oil on saute' function.  Place stew meat and garlic in pot.  Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.  Add vegetables.  Pour in seasoning mixture along with bouillon.  Close lid.  Set valve to seal.

Set to cook for 30 minutes on Meat/Stew function or until meat and vegetables are tender.  When done, quick-release the pressure.  Open the lid once pressure inside is completely released.

Ladle into bowls and top with minced fresh parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment