Thursday, August 11, 2022

Alabama Power Bill Recipe: Crazy Cake

 


Each month in the Alabama Power bill, there's a recipe from someone in the State that's been chosen to be included.  I've decided to make some of these and share with all of you.


This recipe is from Donna Watson of Eight Mile, Alabama.  I'll share the recipe as she shared it and as how I made it tonight.  Then I'll tell you how I'd change things a little next time!

3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 t. baking soda
1/3 cup cocoa
1 t. salt
3/4 cup salad oil
2 t. vinegar
1 t. vanilla
2 cups water

Put flour, sugar, soda, cocoa, and salt into an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan.  Make three wells and add oil, vinegar, and vanilla.

Pour water over all and blend thoroughly with a fork, but do not beat.  Bake in same pan at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, check with a toothpick until ready and enjoy!

*** My notes:  I'd definitely spray the baking pan with non-stick spray.  The batter wasn't mixing together too well with the fork method, so I used a small whisk instead.  The next time I make this cake (and there will be a next time!), I'll mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another bowl, and then whisk to combine and pour into the baking pan.

This is a quick recipe to prepare and I added a little chocolate syrup and powdered sugar for a topping.  Enjoy!



1 comment: