Friday, August 5, 2022

Creamy Tuscan Chicken


 I recently found this product in the grocery store.


I'm always willing to try new products and share the results with all of you.  I realize sometimes people would like to have a jump start on their dish and not have to cook the entire thing from scratch.  This is an ideal boxed meal starter kit!

The 1 pound of chicken is sliced into 1" slices and then the pieces are coated with a seasoning mix which is included.  Then you brown it in butter .  

While the chicken is cooking, boil the pasta which is included in the kit.  

When the chicken is done, add milk and bring to a boil.  Then add fresh spinach and let it wilt.  

There's a pouch of Alfredo sauce which is then mixed into the chicken mixture.

When ready to serve, you can either plate the pasta and top with the chicken mixture or go ahead and mix in the pasta to the chicken which is what I did.

I served it topped with Parmesan cheese and a fresh basil and toasted baguette slices on the side.


End result?  I'd definitely keep a box in the pantry for a quick weeknight meal.  Lots of flavor and simple enough for beginning cooks.  I would add more milk or even heavy cream next time to help boost the creamy consistency of the dish.

Thumbs up from Chez Lolly!

1 comment: