Thursday, March 9, 2023

Around Lolly's Sideboard: French Fleur de Lis

 

After the reds, oranges, and yellows of Fall, the reds and greens of Christmas, the blues and white of January, and Valentine hearts of February, I was ready for some rich greens to help welcome in Spring!

This set is one of my absolute favorites!  Purchased at Dillard's department store the pattern name is Artimino Beaded Fleur de Lis Earthenware.  The beautiful rich green color works perfectly with the color scheme in my kitchen.


I have so many French themed items that were the ideal objects to use on this sideboard.


The raised fleur de lis pattern glasses are from Williams Sonoma.


These unique green pitchers in varying sizes came from a "French" store in the French Quarter in New Orleans.



This lovely pair was found in an antique store in Chattanooga years ago!


Have you ever used a butter bell?  There's a small bowl shape in the topper.  You place butter in that bowl shape and fill the bottom with water.  When you flip the topper over, the water makes a seal to keep the butter soft and fresh.


Medium green napkins with silver fleur de lis napkin rings are a nice accent.


I bought this celery shaped pitcher on the World's Longest Yard Sale years ago.  I don't remember where I purchased the salt and pepper shakers!


As regular readers of my blog know, I collect cookbooks.  This treasure is one of my favorites:  La Cuisine de France - Mapie Countess de Toulouse-Lautrec published in 1964. I placed a few vintage fleur de lis finials and a green glass Eiffel Tower on top.


On the opposite end of the sideboard, I have a few of my other French cookbooks.


All in all, I think this French sideboard is warm and inviting and either makes you want to cook French food or EAT French food!




1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have so many different sets of dishes. Nice.

    ReplyDelete