Sunday, May 28, 2023

Around Lolly's Sideboard: Buzz Buzz!


Spring is here and along with it are HONEYBEES!  Oh, how I enjoy honey.  All the flavors of honey!!  When I saw this set of dinnerware on Amazon, I knew I had to add them to my collection.  This is the perfect way to bring the beauty of nature and these miracles of pollination into a lovely and cheerful sideboard setting.

Of course, my Fiestaware pieces have to make an appearance. I recently found this cute mini-disc pitcher at an antique store.


The teapot and the large disc pitcher have been treasures in my kitchen for years.  The "Welcome to Our Hive" sign is from Dollar General!  


I recently started collecting vintage/antique honey pots.  I had never really noticed them in all the years I've been browsing and digging through antique and junk stores.  But now that I have them on my radar, thankfully, I'm seeing more and more of them!




These salt and pepper shakers were a promotion item from the 1960's for the Miller Honey Company.





The dinner plates are large and feature a single honey been in the middle.  I think the delicate yellow tinted stemware are a great match.



Each of the four bowls has a distinct pattern with a coordinating "small plate."



The salad plates and the mugs have different "Bee" sayings!





Dishtowels were a Dollar General find as well!


My son gave me this honey hive cookie jar a few years ago and it always makes me smile.



1 comment:

  1. I love it. Please send some bee's this way. I have definitely noticed a shortage of them this year.

    ReplyDelete