Monday, August 7, 2023

Cream Cheese Chicken Green Chile Enchiladas

 


If I had to estimate how many of these yummy enchiladas I've made since 2010, it would be in the hundreds.  I might go so far as to say I've passed the 1,000 mark.  I've made them for family, friends, friends of kids, customers from all over who have stocked their freezers with multiple pans.  But for today, it was just Sweet Harold and me for lunch and I was hungry for enchiladas. 

These are super easy to assemble and bake.  You can certainly use rotisserie chicken if you prefer.  Give them a try and let me know how you like them!

1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, poached and shredded
1 small can fire roasted diced green chiles
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 - 2 T. taco seasoning
1 small can green enchilada sauce, divided
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
6 medium size flour tortillas (I used Carb Counter brand)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.  Spread a tablespoon or two of the enchilada sauce evenly on the bottom of the baking dish.  Set aside.

In a large skillet, over medium heat, add shredded chicken, green chiles, cream cheese, taco seasoning and 2 T. of the enchilada sauce.  Stirring frequently, let the cream cheese melt and blend in with the other ingredients.  Let simmer for a few minutes.  Remove from heat.

Spread the six tortillas out on a flat surface.  I use my butcher block.  Divide the filling equally between the tortillas and sprinkle for a tablespoon of the shredded cheese.

One at a time, roll the tortillas around the filling and place seam side down in the baking dish.

When all the tortillas have been rolled, slowly pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

Bake for 25 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot all the way through and the cheese has browning a little.

Serve immediately.  You can top with sour cream or sliced jalapenos.


No comments:

Post a Comment